Irrigation Operations Manager at Complete Landscaping Service
This position is responsible for managing all operations related to commercial sprinkler service. The Operations Manager must maximize all resources including labor, equipment, and vehicles to ensure that assigned clients are serviced per their contracted agreements while working within budget and adhering to all safety and quality standards.
How To Apply:
- Two year degree in Landscape Horticulture/Management and 2 years continuous experience in landscape construction/installation OR 4 years continuous service performing duties as described below.
- Basic understanding of Landscape Design.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to tolerate and work efficiently in a stressful environment, along with ability to self motivate.
- Valid driver’s license and DOT physical certification.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and internet search engines.
Job Responsibilities for a Irrigation Operations Manager
- Managing and scheduling labor, equipment, and materials to accomplish production schedules within budget.
- Reviewing and understanding all assigned contracts to ensure services are being performed per the specifications.
- Providing instructions to each crew leader at the beginning of the day to ensure the crew understands the expectation for the day and that they are set up to complete their assigned jobs.
- Visiting job sites on a regular basis to observe organization of work, resolve training issues, and take all action necessary to ensure quality of work.
- Communicating with on-site personnel regarding system status and recommended repairs or upgrade. Writing up ticket work or proposals for additional services requested.
- Performing hands on work with crews to meet schedule demands.
- Responding to customer complaints with the goal of providing excellent customer service.
- Maintaining industry licenses as required by law or by Complete.
- Maintaining inventory of tools and equipment and other company issued supplies.
- Training all employees on proper care and maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Hiring, firing, training, and developing assigned staff.
- Identifying and developing future crew leaders.
- Supervising employees, keeping attendance records, enforcing uniform and safety policies, and approving time cards.
- Conducting performance reviews no less than annually for each direct report.
- Participating in company snow removal operations as assigned.