Office Manager/Bookkeeper – Sterling, VA
Seeking self-starter, flexible professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The person in this role will run the day-to-day administrative operations of our commercial landscape branch in Virginia.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Oversee the preparation and revision of contracts
- Maintain an audit file for each contract which will include original contract, all correspondence, changes/deviations, amendments, clarifications, payment schedules.
- Prepare and disseminate information to appropriate employees regarding contract status, facilitate contract meetings.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning leads; following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains office staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Office Manager Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years of Office Manager experience or equivalent education and experience
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, and CRM Databases a must.
- Basic accounting/finance knowledge
- English fluency required. Spanish fluency a plus.