Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
Any business that has had problems with pest control in the past knows the importance of taking decisive action at the first sign of trouble. More than anything, pest infestations demand smart interventions. Trusting the matter to an inexperienced or unprofessional company can lead to long-term issues that are even more difficult to remediate.
That’s where Complete Landscaping Service comes in. We are a longstanding expert in integrated pest management for commercial facilities in the DC Metro area. We have the tools, the team and the expertise to solve pest problems for good.
What Is Integrated Pest Management?
Integrated pest management (IPM) is a coordinated approach to pest control that focuses on long-term prevention through ecosystem management. Rather than relying solely on pesticides or other chemical treatments, IPM uses a variety of methods to make the ecosystem itself less habitable for pests. These include:
- Biological Controls: Biological pest control involves keeping a pest’s population in check by introducing a small number of its natural predators into the area.
- Cultural Controls: Cultural pest management involves changing the environment and the way we interact with it — through aeration, irrigation, weed control and other practices — to prevent infestations.
- Mechanical Controls: Mechanical controls use physical barriers, traps and other selective interventions to keep invasive pests away.
IPM doesn’t preclude the use of pesticides — often, pest management professionals will use chemical controls initially to deal with a nuisance population before introducing biological, cultural and mechanical methods to prevent the issue from recurring. These efforts require planning and coordination, which is one of the reasons they should be left to an experienced team with a proven track record of success on large commercial projects.
Benefits of Integrated Pest Management for Commercial Properties
Pests such as weeds, birds, rodents and fungi can dramatically affect the health and appearance of your property. For businesses, a lawn or garden overrun with pests will create a strong negative impression on visitors.
Integrated pest management is the most effective way to deal with infestations because it treats the underlying problem. While more expensive and time-consuming initially, it produces better results in the long-term, making it the best option for businesses that want a permanent solution for any pest issue.
Why Complete Landscaping Service?
Complete Landscaping Service specializes exclusively in commercial properties. We work with businesses of any size, from small storefronts to large industrial facilities. We understand the pressures companies face to maintain an attractive, pest-free yard while managing their budget and minimizing interruptions to their business.
We can provide custom integrated pest management solutions for any property. We’ll begin with an on-site consultation, in which we put together a detailed action plan that outlines how we will solve the problem and provides you with an accurate timeline and estimate of the costs involved.
To get started, contact our office to arrange a meeting at your convenience.
Learn more about our commercial landscape maintenance services:
- Annual Grounds Management Contracts
- Landscape Enhancements
- Seasonal Flower Color and Rotations
- Spring Clean-Up
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Plant Bed Weed Control and Fertilization
- Plant Bed Definition and Mulch Applications
- Turf Care Programs
- Commercial Irrigation Service, Maintenance and Repair
- Conceptual Design and Master Plans
- Arborcare and Tree Removal
- Commercial Snow Removal
- Holiday Decor