Ipê Deck Tiles
Ipê is one of the most prized deck tile woods for a good reason — it’s durable, it looks great and it delivers excellent long-term value for your money. Due to its strength, working with ipê requires specialized design and building expertise. For this reason, property owners should always trust new deck construction projects to an experienced professional.
Complete Landscaping Service has a long history of working with ipê deck tiles. We design and install attractive outdoor spaces for commercial properties with an emphasis on exceeding the expectations of our clients in everything we do. Keep reading to learn about the benefits of ipê or contact our office to request a consultation.
What Is Ipê?
Ipê — also known as Brazilian walnut or ironwood — is a South American tree that is part of the genus Handroanthus. It is one of the strongest and most durable trees native to the Americas, with a reputation for resistance to extreme temperatures and insect infestations.
Commercial properties frequently use ipê deck tiles for patios, boardwalks and other outdoor spaces. To keep costs down, many builders will use standard pressure-treated lumber for a deck frame and lay ipê tile on top.
Benefits of Ipê Deck Tiles
Ipê deck tile is a premium product that delivers several benefits compared to cedar or pressure-treated lumber. These include:
- A rich reddish-brown appearance that takes well to staining and other treatments
- A lifespan of 25 years or more, with little maintenance beyond annual oiling
- Minimal splintering or warping over time and superior decay resistance
- Class A fire resistance
The main drawback to using ipê deck tiles is the price. However, while ipê is more expensive than cedar or other alternatives, its superior strength and performance mean an ipê deck will last longer and look better, with less maintenance.
Installing Ipê Deck Tiles
Installing ipê deck tiles on a commercial property necessitates specific expertise. Because of the higher price of the material, mistakes can be costly. As well, due to its strength, ipê deck tiles require the use of special cutting tools, fasteners and glues, among other hardware.
If you’re considering using ipê for any commercial project, contact Complete Landscaping Service first. We have installed ipê deck tiles for customers throughout the Metro DC area. We know how to achieve optimal results when working with this valuable material. We can also recommend designs that make the best use of its unique properties.
Your Ipê Decking Experts
Complete Landscaping Service is proud to offer free estimates for deck design and ipê deck tile installation projects. If ipê isn’t the right choice for your build, we can recommend alternatives that deliver comparable performance while meeting your budgetary requirements.
Book a consultation with one of our team members by contacting the Complete Landscaping Service head office today.
Learn more about our commercial landscape construction services:
- Commercial Plant Installation with Quality Plants
- Commercial Irrigation Design, Installation and Maintenance
- Commercial Drainage Solutions and Erosion Control
- Hardscapes – Natural Stone Pavers, Concrete Unit Pavers, Permeable Pavers, Pedestal Pavers
- Retaining Walls – Block and Timber
- Ipê Deck Tiles
- Grass Pavers and Reinforced Turf Paving
- Water Features
- Wetland, Bioretention, Rain Garden and Naturalization Plantings
- Site Furnishings (Bike Racks, Benches, Tables, Grills, Planters, etc)
- Dog Park Equipment and Surfacing
- Playgrounds and Play Surface
- Silva Cells