Block and Timber Retaining Walls in Maryland, Virginia & DC
Complete Landscaping Service provides block and timber retaining wall installation and repair for commercial properties. We know the importance of these structures and can assist with everything you need to keep your property safe, attractive and functional. We can design and install retaining walls of any size, working with a wide range of materials to meet your aesthetic requirements. We can also provide on-site support and maintenance for years to come, whether we installed your wall initially or not.
What Is a Retaining Wall?
Retaining walls are simply walls that hold soil and earth in place. They serve various purposes in commercial landscaping. In some properties, they are purely functional — designed to prevent erosion and encourage proper drainage. Other properties use them to create a striking tiered garden effect.
The intended purpose of a retaining wall will impact its construction. Complete Landscaping Service works with several different materials to create structures that look great and provide excellent protection for years to come.
Retaining Wall Options
Complete Landscaping Service specializes in two types of retaining wall:
- Timber: Wood is a natural, organic choice for a retaining wall. However, in many cases, smaller planks do not offer sufficient structural integrity and may decompose rapidly when exposed to the elements. Using whole timber logs gives you the best of both worlds. A timber retaining wall will be strong enough to stand the test of time while still providing an earthy look that’s ideal for parks and other more rustic spaces.
- Block: Masonry and block products offer better long-term resistance than wood and give your property a clean-cut, elegant look. We can source high-quality bricks, flagstones and related products in a variety of colors and textures that will blend in perfectly with your existing landscaping.
Ready to learn more? Explore your options with a Complete Landscaping Service representative today.
Benefits of a Retaining Wall
A well-designed retaining wall offers multiple benefits. It will:
- Expand the amount of usable land on your property by making level surfaces which were previously too sloped to work on
- Protect against soil erosion and the environmental and safety risks associated with it
- Create a more impactful exterior space that will impress your customers, stakeholders and other visitors
- Add value to your property
Retaining walls are easy to maintain, though regular inspections from a qualified professional can help identify potential trouble spots before they lead to damage. Whether we installed your retaining wall or not, Complete Landscaping Service can provide on-site support and other assistance. We can also help with design, engineering and project management around broader landscape construction projects.